If you’re living in Europe you might have heard of the debate on Software Patents. That is patents regarding software. This essentially equates to patenting abstract ideas, not implementations of these ideas. This is not just dangerous for progress, business and innovation. It’s nonsensical. Take a look at this article from ArsTechnica.
- US 5,796,967 – Presenting Applications in an Interactive Service.
- US 5,442,771 – Storing Data in an Interactive Network.
- US 7,072,849 – Presenting Advertising in an Interactive Service.
- US 5,446,891 – Adjusting Hypertext Links with Weighted User Goals and Activities.
- US 5,319,542 – Ordering Items Using an Electronic Catalogue.